Topic Brainstorm

The Dark Side of Fairy Tales
https://sites.google.com/site/thedarksideoffairytales/home

I began looking at the Grimm Brother's stories, as they're German stories. I really enjoyed the entire setting of these stories. It's like taking a cave tour with Disney's underground lair of villains. Or even similar to a Disney Alcatraz. I didn't even know the original Rapunzel story had a witch in it. It would be fairly plausible if Disney World wanted to profit off of an idea like this.

Modern Day Dante's Inferno
https://sites.google.com/site/macsmythologystorybook/home

I've never heard the original story of Dante's Inferno, but this story is hilariously captivating. I think it's fairly common to write modern-day stories on ancient stories but this was the best one thus far. I liked the use of Kanye West as a main character and really using his real life behavior throughout. A bit of political banter was sprinkled in there and was done tastefully so. If I were to write a modern-day version of an old story, I major proponent this story has is introducing well-known figures as active characters.

Strange Ways to Die
https://sites.google.com/site/strangewaystodie/home

I grew up with a show called 1000 Ways to Die and although it was kinda cheesy, I loved it. Death on it's own is a mystery but even more so when it's least expected. The author made tweaks in the original stories that make it more realistic on if we saw the moments leading up to what happened.

Hotel California
https://sites.google.com/site/hotelcaliforniabybaileycarter/home

This was the only story I couldn't stop reading all at once. It gave me goosebumps by how scary the stories were, and I'm a sucker for a good horror story. It reminds me a lot of my favorite season of American Horror Story: Hotel. I've stayed in a haunted hotel once and I thought it was pretty neat. The fact that the stories are based on true stories makes it a winner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Chemical Engineer

Week 4 Story: Theron and Ana