Growth Mindset

I wish I had heard of Carol Dweck sooner! I can attest to my own performance not being where I want it to be because I'm struggling with a fixed mindset. I dread hard assignments and keeping a consistent study schedule, nearly convincing myself to not enjoy what I do and doubt why I'm doing it! I treat it like a nuisance hindering me from living life when it could be a good opportunity to reflect on how the challenge may drive me.

I always feel really great whenever I have my "eureka" moments in any difficult class. Even if I scored horribly on the final, I can say I was happy with my progress and perseverance in the class. Implementing the state of "yet" in my everyday life is something I'd like to begin doing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Chemical Engineer

Week 4 Story: Theron and Ana