Reading Notes: Homer's Iliad Part B


I had a bit of trouble finding something other than fables that interested me in the reading choices. The main reason is I have a hard time reading the older language styles, but it's also something I wish I was better at. 

One thing that struck me funny about this story was how the gods and goddesses have their favorites among the mortals. It's almost like they play chess with the people. 

Also, I know it's just a story but it bothers me how Hector could speak so eloquently with a spear through his neck. Props to him. 

I was often confused with the characters since names were brought up with little to no reference, shows you just about how much I know about anything mythology. I saw the name Achilles' and remembered the famous Achilles' heel situation so I'm a little bummed none of that went on. Nor did the Trojan horse come about. 

And why is Zeus so pissy about Patrocles wearing Achilles' armor?? They love each other, that's what bros are for. Maybe someone should into Zeus's intentions... 

What if the gods were elected by the mortals like a government? Could you imagine the campaigns that would ensue? It'd be funny to see mythological gods slander other gods for political advantages. 

Bibliography:
Alfred J. Church
Homer's Iliad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Chemical Engineer

Week 4 Story: Theron and Ana