Famous Last Words: Feeling Accomplished and Grateful


two dummies 

I managed to plow through a good portion of this week's worth of assignments and I'm feeling so good about it. It's literally a record for me! It's nice to have a lighter load on my shoulders.

This week has been strange so far, to say the least. I heard some provoking news from a friend I didn't expect, pertaining to someone I used to date. It shook me up more than I thought and I wound up sleeping in super late on Monday. I panicked at first because I had planned to get up early to get ahead on the work ahead for all of my classes and ultimately failed my electromechanical systems quiz. It really bummed me out. But then I got home and told myself "you can't change it now, change what's ahead." As soon as I saw my best friend/roommate and talked to her, ate some food, and started working, I felt okay. I had this awesome moment of appreciation for my best friend and I got inspired. Her 21st birthday is tomorrow and I'm definitely more excited than she is. 😂 I have a really nice surprise for her that's basically a whole-day ordeal. I'm so excited about it that I just want to tell someone already!

So, I will!

I went to Gigi's after classes today and picked up some really cute cupcakes. One is a confetti cupcake and one is called Miss Unicorn. This kind of opportunity will not be passed up! One thing my parents did for me every single year growing up at home was wake me up on the morning of my birthday with a miniature cake with candles lit and singing 'Happy Birthday'. It's also the one thing I miss most since moving out. Naturally, why not recreate it and keep the tradition going somehow? Hopefully I can wake her up from her death-sleep, though.

I also picked up groceries after class to make an insane birthday breakfast. I'm going to make biscuits and chorizo sausage gravy and a hashbrown casserole. A beautiful carb-loaded, cheesy hug to last us all day.

Then I'm going to follow her to her classes and play "It's Your Birthday" by 50 cent really loud on my speakers, maybe carry a sign to make sure everyone knows what's up.

Then after her third class I'm going to go back to our apartment and decorate her room with cute stuff I got at Party City. Then I'll go to class and be gone by the time she's back!

Then to finish it off, a bucket of wine coolers and bottomless margaritas at Los Dos Amigos.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Chemical Engineer

Week 4 Story: Theron and Ana