Famous Last Words: Finally Publishing My First Story

How a War-Weary Vet Created 'The Twilight Zone'

Can I get a "hell yeah" for finally completing my first story? Everything has been so crazy since the virus outbreak and transitioning to online-only classes that writing became one of the last on my list of priorities, unfortunately. 

I'm a little embarrassed at how long it ended up being, especially since I didn't realize until after I had written it that we were given a 1000 word limit... BUT I'm proud to say I wouldn't want to change a single thing about it. I'm convinced the story's length is necessary to portray the big idea I had for it, hopefully I have enough juice left to pop out another story or two! 

The only thing I'm a little worried about is losing my classmate's interest when they come across the novel-length story and that no one will read it to its entirety. I hope some will, though, as I think they'll come to love it even half as much as I did writing it. I'm feeling confident since my comment wall already had several promising and uplifting feedback on my introduction alone! One classmate even mentioned that she bookmarked my website anticipating the rest of the stories to come in, which made me smile from ear to ear!

I was a little nervous writing about something as controversial as marijuana and throwing around a few expletives, but I still stand by believing that I wouldn't change a thing about this story. I think the focal point of marijuana and retaining modern-day language of the collegiate population is quintessential for making my story one-of-a-kind and personal while also being relatable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Chemical Engineer

Famous Last Words: My Stupid Kidneys